END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SQL#
This is a binding, legal agreement between the end user (the "Licensee") and Sql Quantum Leap, LLC (the "Licensor") for the SQL# (SQLsharp) software product, which includes the software program, material and online or electronic documentation. By installing, copying, downloading, accessing or otherwise using the SQL# software you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement you may not download, install or use the SQL# software product.
Software Product License
1. Scope of license: The license granted hereunder applies to one of the following versions of the SQL# software product as provided by the Licensor to the Licensee:
1.1. SQL# Free Version: License applies to anyone who downloads the Free version as posted on the www.SQLsharp.com website and noted as being a free version.
1.2. SQL# Full (Paid-For) Version: License applies to anyone who downloads the Full version from the www.SQLsharp.com website after paying for the Licensor for it.
2. Grant of License:
2.1. Software Product: The Licensor grants the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the SQL# software product on any computer/computers owned by the Licensee. The Licensee may make backup copies for archival purposes.
2.2.1. The Free version may be distributed only if all copyrights as noted in the Copyrights section of the Manual are reproduced in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
2.2.2. The Licensee may not distribute the Full (Paid-For) version of SQL# to anyone who does not work for the Licensee and/or who will not use it for the business of the Licensee. If interested in a Distribution License for the Full version, please contact Sql Quantum Leap, LLC via the contact form located at http://www.SQLsharp.com/contact/
2.3. Installation: You may install the SQL# software product for any number of computers / servers.
3. Description of other Rights and Limitations:
3.1. Not for resale: SQL# is limited for your personal or professional use only, and not for resale, or otherwise to transfer for value the software product. If interested in a Distribution License, please contact Sql Quantum Leap, LLC via the contact form located at http://www.SQLsharp.com/contact/
3.2. Limitation on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly: The Licensee may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software product, except and only to the extent such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law.
3.3. Rental: Licensee may not rent, lease or lend the software product.
3.4. Services and Technical support: The Licensor may provide you with support services related to the software product as deemed necessary.
3.5. Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights, the Licensor may terminate this Agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of the Agreement. In such event, you must destroy and remove all copies of the software product and all of its component parts.
3.6.1. Free version users are entitled to updates free of charge of the Free version.
3.6.2. Full version users are entitled to updates of the Full version until, but not including, the next major version or until one year from the purchase date if the next major version is released prior to one year from the purchase date, at no charge if they are the legal Licensee as defined in section 1.2. Full version users who are outside of the free update period and who pay for an upgrade will use the date paid for the upgrade as their new "purchase date" with respect to the one-year-minimum free upgrade period.
4. Copyright: All title and intellectual property right in and to SQL# and the accompanying documentation are owned by the Licensor. All title and intellectual property right in and to the content, which may be accessed through use of the SQL#, is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws. This Agreement grants no right to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Licensor.
5. Limited Warranty: the Licensor warrants that the SQL# will perform substantially in accordance with any specifications provided for the period of time established by applicable law from the date of purchase. The Licensee understands and agrees that the software product is provided "as is", with all faults that may accompany software products.
6. Warranty Exclusions: the Licensor makes no other express or implied warranties, regarding the performance of the software included in the SQL# software program, but will use its best efforts to promptly correct any errors in the said software that are reported by Licensee. The Licensor may attempt to correct errors through the means it determines to be most appropriate. Errors caused by hardware malfunctions or failure, or by loss of data or disruption of services over the Internet due to third party, are expressly excluded.
7. Limitation of Liability: the Licensor shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages or attorney fees for any cause of action, in tort or contract, regardless of whether the Licensor was aware of the possibility of such damages. Licensee's exclusive remedy shall be the amounts Licensee paid the Licensor.
8. Disputes: Any disputes arising out of the inception, application or interpretation of this agreement shall be settled in accordance with the laws of North Carolina and the exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable court in North Carolina.